Roasted Garlicky Shrimp with Lemon Parsley Spaghetti Squash
I have a BFA, I’m not a chef (or a writer, for that matter). So, this blog will be largely photographic. BUT, one thing, as an everyday person cooking dinner, that I really appreciate when reading food blogs, is step-by-step recipes that are dummy proof. I will attempt to do just that… although if the pictures I take in my terribly lit and microscopic kitchen look awful, I’m not posting them.
Tonight I made roasted shrimp with spaghetti squash, adapted from Martha’s recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash (since I feed a 6’2 boy, i buy a big one)
- About 30 medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined (on a recommendation from my Grandmother, I used frozen shrimp from Costco this time… tasted exactly the same as fresh)
- Olive oil PAM
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped (as much as you want)
- Parmesan, grated (as much as you want)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees (since I have a shitty oven, I do 400)
2. Pierce the spaghetti squash a few times and stick in the microwave for 20 minutes (I start with 20, then cut it in half and keep going in increments of 3 min until it’s cooked– this time my large squash took about 30 minutes). I do the microwave because it’s easy , I’m sure the way on Martha Stewart would work just as well).
3. Line a pan with aluminum foil (makes clean up much easier), spray it with the olive oil pan, toss on the shrimp, minced garlic, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Shake to coat. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes
4. Once the spaghetti squash is cooked, scoop out the seeds and yicky orange pulp, and mix the squash in a bowl with the juice of a half a lemon, salt, pepper, grated parm and parsley to taste.
5. Mix in the shrimp, plate, and garnish with lemon wedges and more parsley.
Serves 2.5 (I always have leftover spaghetti squash)
We paired the meal with some Corona Light, delish.